On Sunday, July 11th, Time Warner Cable and Cartoon Network will host the Move It Movement Tour at the 2010 Corn Hill Arts Festival. This massive display will be located in the Wegmans Children’s Activity Area in the parking lot of the Nathaniel Rochester Community School on Adams St. This national tour, presented in partnership with NASPE’s (National Association for Sport and Physical Education) LET’S MOVE In School platform, is a new initiative created to battle the epidemic of childhood obesity by empowering youth ages 6-14 to get more active and practice healthier lifestyles.
The Move It Movement Tour features multiple activity and learning stations, including:
- Skate Park Challenge, sponsored by 3M Nexcare Products, where BMX and skateboard experts will perform high-flying demonstrations followed by interactive safety and riding tips sessions, as well as get free samples of 3M Nexcare Ben 10 Alien Force and Bakugan bandages.
- Soccer Shootout Challenge, where kids can take aim and test their shooting skills with a custom soccer goal.
- The NBA/WNBA FIT Activity Zone allows youth to demonstrate their fitness level through basketball and fitness games
- NFL PLAY 60 and HOPSports Challenge will introduce kids to various physical activities and exercises via the screen-based HOPSports system featuring custom NFL Play60 content, martial arts, stuntman drills and more.
- The Karate Kid is sponsoring a martial arts challenge to test focus, balance and strength abilities with workout sessions led by local dojos.
- Crayola Outdoor Challenge where kids can use Crayola’s Spira-Chalk Blaster, 3-D Sidewalk Chalk and new Glow Explosion products to create outdoor fun with sidewalk games, original art masterpieces.
- FDA Spot the Block, a station with an interactive dice game and information to educate youth and families about the nutritional block on food packaging.
- CNN Fit Nation Kiosk, which offers a custom health and wellness quiz and iReport feature for youth and adults to test their knowledge and provide personal stories of how they stay healthy and fit.
- Cartoon Network Chill Zone, a themed area to rehydrate and recharge while taking in the best new programming, online activities and premium items from the channel.
Please visit the Move It Movement Tour website to find out more about this national tour.