The Jurying Process
Jurying is done separately for each category. The jury consists of local professional artists. Jurying is anonymous and based solely on the images included with this application. Decisions of the jurors are final. Inquiries questioning or disputing the jurors’ decisions will not be answered. Three digital images from the applicant are viewed simultaneously. Since selection to the Festival is based on these images, they should accurately represent the work to be exhibited. Scores are based on originality, technique, design and overall impact. Artists with the highest scores in each category are invited to attend. Individual critiques are not offered by the jurors.
During the Festival, each artist’s work is evaluated by an on-site jury consisting of local art professionals in each art category. A cash prize will be awarded to the first, second and third place winners in nine categories. Prizes will not be awarded in the Consumable Craft category.
Award Winner Bonus
Any artist who receives a cash award at the 2011 Corn Hill Arts Festival or is the featured artist, and submits an application to the 2012 Corn Hill Arts Festival by the deadline will be exempt from the 2012 jury process. Standard fees apply. 2010 Award winners are exempt from the jury process for the 2011 festival (standard fees apply).
Complete this application and mail to CHAF or apply online from our website (cornhillartsfestival.com). Only one artist and one category per application and booth is allowed. Payment must be received with each application. See the application form for details.
Rules for Participation
All items displayed and sold must be designed and executed by the accepted artist. If the items on display are deemed not to be original artwork (e.g. “buy and sell”), the Festival management committee reserves the right to remove the vendor from the show. No refunds will be given in this situation. Items displayed for sale must be consistent with the accepted juried images. If a juror determines that the items for sale are not consistent with the images received, the artist will not be eligible for prize money and may be asked to leave the show. In the event the artist does not meet these rules and is asked to leave, CHAF is not liable for lost profits or travel expenses.
APPLICATION FEE: $35 U.S. nonrefundable.
- Single booth (10’x10’) $265
- Double booth (10’x20’) $530
Electricity is available and must be indicated on application: $30 per plug.
All fees are to be included with the application. If paying with check, submit two checks: one for the application fee and one for the booth fee. The booth fee check will only be processed if the artist is accepted into the Festival. The uncashed check will be returned if the applicant is not accepted. A service fee of $25 will be assessed on any returned checks. If paying with credit card, the application fee will be processed immediately and the booth fee will only be processed only if the applicant is accepted into the festival.
All applications must include three images that accurately represent your artwork. Submit your images via CD-ROM with digital images in jpeg format, no larger than 3 MB each. CD must be clearly labeled with artist’s name.
All images must accurately represent the work you will be exhibiting at the Corn Hill Arts Festival. Artists displaying work not representative of work shown in this submission will be asked to leave the Festival.
Terms and Conditions
Hereafter, the Corn Hill Arts Festival will be referred to as CHAF and the Corn Hill Neighbors Association, Inc. will be referred to as CHNA.
- Exhibitors must abide by the requirements as set forth in this application. Those exhibitors who do not display items depicted in the images submitted to the jury may be asked to leave. In the event the product and/or the vendor is removed from the Festival, the artist forfeits his or her booth fee. The Corn Hill Arts Festival Management Team and its representatives, contractors and volunteers shall not be liable for lost profits or consequential or incidental damages including, but not limited to: travel,lodging, insurance or wages.
- Exhibit spaces are approximately 10 feet wide by 10 feet deep. Exhibitors and their belongings must stay within these boundaries.
- No specific booth locations are guaranteed.
- Exhibitors must be set up by 8 a.m. on both days and remain open until the specified closing times unless notified by Festival officials. Exhibitors may begin setting up display booths after 4 p.m. on Friday July 6th.
- All booths should be secure and stable in construction. Utilities are not guaranteed, and fees are charged if provided.
- Display booths and items left in place before, during or after the show hours are the full responsibility of the Exhibitor.
- Exhibitors must display their CHAF Identification Certificate at the front of their booth at all times during Festival hours.
- All Exhibitors must be registered with the State of New York and display “Certificate of Authority” at all times during the Festival. Artists are responsible for collection and payment of 8% local sales tax. If your registration is pending, you may write “pending” on this application.
- Exhibitors may not advertise discounted, reduced or “sale” prices. Exhibitors are prohibited from displaying ribbons and/or awards from other shows or past Corn Hill Arts Festivals.
- In response to requests from residents, Exhibitors are not permitted to sell real or toy replicas or representations of guns, knives or similar items, which may resemble weapons.
- Exhibitor’s liability insurance shall be purchased and maintained by the Exhibitor to protect him/her from claims under Workers’ Compensation Acts or other employee benefit acts, claims for damages because of bodily injury and from claims for damages to property which may arise out of or result from the Exhibitors’ operations. The CHAF/CHNA requires that this insurance shall be written for not less that a $500,000 limit of liability.
- CHAF/CHNA is not responsible for any damage, loss of personal property, personal injury or accidents involving Exhibitors and their personnel. Exhibitors indemnify and agree to hold the CHAF/CHNA harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, demands, lawsuits, costs, penalties, expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) and judgments due to breach of this agreement by Exhibitors or their personnel.
- This informational brochure and the application form contain the entire understanding of the Exhibitor and CHAF / CHNA. There are no other representations or promises. No changes shall be binding unless in writing, signed by the Exhibitor and CHAF.
- Failure on the part of the Exhibitor or CHAF/CHNA to complain of any non-action on the part of the other, no matter how long it continues, shall not be deemed a waiver, then or thereafter, of any of its rights under this agreement arising out of the operation of the Exhibitor’s business during the Festival.
- Your signature on the mail-in application or by marking the checkbox in the online application indicates that you agree and will comply with the terms and conditions stated herein.
If written notification is received by May 1, 2011, your space fee will be refunded. The application fee will not be refunded under any situation.
Please download a printable version of this page for your records.
Useful Contacts and Links
STATE OF NEW YORK TAX ID INFORMATION
(800) 972-1233 or (800)-698-2909 or www.tax.state.ny.us
ROCHESTER N.Y INFORMATION (tourism and accommodations)
CORN HILL NEIGHBORS ASSOCIATION